It can be difficult to determine if you really you have a drinking problem—especially when denial’s at work.
How Do I Know If I Am An Alcoholic?
That is a question that everyone must answer for themselves. Here are the 20 questions that can help. Try to be honest with yourself as you go through each question.
1. Do you miss days or are late to work due to drinking?
2. Is drinking making your home life unhappy? (Affecting you or your family)
3. Does drinking make you less shy with other people?
4. Is drinking affecting your reputation?
5. Have you ever felt remorse after drinking?
6. Have you gotten into financial difficulties as a result of drinking?
7. Do you turn to lower companions and an inferior environment when drinking?
8. Does your drinking make you careless of your family's welfare?
9. Has your ambition decreased since drinking?
10. Do you crave a drink at a definite time daily?
11. Do you want a drink the next morning?
12. Does drinking cause you to have difficulty in sleeping? (sleeping too much or not enough)
13. Has your efficiency decreased since drinking?
14. Is drinking jeopardizing your job or business?
15. Do you drink to escape from worries or trouble?
16. Do you drink alone?
17. Have you ever had a blackout as a result of drinking? (complete loss of memory)
18. Has your physician ever treated you for drinking?
19. Do you drink to build up your self-confidence?
20. Have you ever been to jail, a hospital or institution on account of drinking?
If you have answered YES to any one of the questions, there is a definite warning that you may be alcoholic.
If you have answered YES to any two, the chances are that you are an alcoholic. It is not the end of the world, there is help. Footprints of Serenity's team of experts are ready to assist you with alcohol use disorder. Give us a call at 213-80-SOBER